Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2014

[Review] Za Deep Cleansing Oil (Makeup Remover)

Cleansing oils have been my go to makeup remover ever since I got to know of it. Compared to traditional waterbased makeup removers and oil/water shake-and-mix make up removers, cleansing oils does the best job of removing the most stubborn waterproof mascaras and eyeliners. However, I still do not trust cleansing oils as facial washes, although beauticians/ marketers will tell you that you won't have to wash your face with facial wash after using cleansing oils. But I don't know... I just feel like rubbing oil onto my face no matter how will clog my pores, therefore I will always, ALWAYS wash my face again with facial wash. Well, that's just me. 

So! my history with cleansing oils started with samples packs i.e. Laneige Deep Cleansing Oil Moisture and Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil, and they all worked well when it comes to removing waterproof makeups. However, Shu Uemura did break me out maybe because it has a really oily, almost cooking oil like texture  and with Malaysia's weather during the day...Its like frying your skin in oil! haha compared to Laneige's Deep Cleaning Oil which has a thick, gooey lotion-ny texture. Anyway, both Laneige and Shu Uemura are premium brands in Malaysia, and thus really expensive. So, I've decided to head on to Watsons to get me a cheaper drugstore cleansing oil.

Options I got was Biore, Za and Some Japanese brand I can't remember. But Since Za and Biore was on offer, and Za was the cheapest there (or so I thought) I got myself the Za. Only to realize that they put the wrong price tag on and it was actually the most expensive one. WTH??!! Sigh, should have got the Biore one instead. 

Blahhh~~ lets move on..
Price: around RM35. 
Well, still very much cheaper than Laneige and She Uemura...
Note to self: Gotta always read the price tag carefully.

Packaging: Comes in a pump bottle. The pump is actually really good, it glides really smoothly when pressed giving it excellent volume control. What a surprise, because pump bottle are usually really hard to control.

Product: Clear oil, slightly scented, turns milky when water is added (Btw, all cleansing oils does the same thing :3).

***Product Testing ***

Here I have 4 waterproof makeups for testing.
(Left) On application without rub, TonyMoly Gel liner's already melting off. 
(Right) With a little rub, even Lash King Waterproof mascara came off easily. What's left was TonyMoly's Liquid Liner.

Left it to sit for 5 seconds, and tada! all melted off.

After rising, skin is soft and clean. No residue at all!

***Update: Removing eye makeup on actual face did not turn out as well, the oil cleanser melted waterproof makeup, but shifted residues (wax like substance from waterproof makeup) along the corner of my eyes and under eye bags, that must then be massaged over again to be removed. I did not experience this with Laneige and Shu Uemura's oil cleansers, so it was kinda weird. Not good. 

I realized that the best way to use this Za oil cleanser was to massage it over waterproof makeup and later wipe clean with a cotton or tissue before rinsing it off, like a normal makeup remover, which defeats its purpose as an oil cleanser. :( ***

VERDICT:

Price:  3 /5 - Not too pricey, but was the most expensive one among drugstore brands.
Smell:  4 /5 - Very slightly scented, most likely no added perfume.
Texture:  4/5 - feels like baby oil.. but didnt clog my pores so ok lah
Removing Ability:  2/5 - Cleans well on smooth surface, but leaves residues. Laneige still cleans best.
Overall:   3/5 - So-so product, removes makeup but leaves a little residue. No oily feel after rising off.
Repurchase:   2/5 - Most probably not. Will try Biore cleansing oil after this.




No comments:

Post a Comment