Pages

Friday 28 August 2015

[Review] Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control - Play NoMore Edition

 Ola my beautiful readers!

Today I'll be sharing with you, one of my latest purchase - the Laneige BB Cushion (Pore Control). 

I'm sure you all have noticed there's a cushion craze right now. No, not those fluffy cushions you sleep on. BB Cushions!!! Yes! BB or CC liquid foundations that are packed into a compact foundation container and letting it seep into a sponge that's placed on top. Inspired by stamping, you can then 'stamp' the puff applicator provided on the foundation filled sponge. Hence providing you with better control and even transfer of product during application.

Some of the most raved about BB cushions in the market are IOPE, Hera, and Laneige, but after reading reviews and watching youtube vids on bb cushions, I've decided to spend a lil more to get Laneige's BB Cushion (Pore Control). Reasons being my living in a freaking humid and hot country, and my combination skin. 

I bought mine at althea.kr and even though it was shown as the normal baby blue coloured packaging, they sent me the Play NoMore edition! For that I was super grateful and absolutely delighted!


Price: 
I bought it at RM125 on the althea's website, and it comes in 15g + 15g refill, which I think is fairly cheap compared to the landed stores we have here in Malaysia which retails about RM159, and they do not have the Play NoMore edition! So depressing! Anyway, even Etude House's Mineral cushion's about RM138, so I've decided to just get Laneige's BB Cushion online! :P

Packaging:
Seriously, HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE IT??? Just look at it! Super cute! The compact container is also really sturdy. A little bigger in size compared to the Etude House Precious Mineral BB cushion tho.

Laneige BB Cushion (Pore Control) Play NoMore Edition
Just look at the eyeball sticker on the mirror! Super cute!
There's also the puffs that comes with it.
Sponge is sealed to ensure "freshness" and hygiene!
Puff's dark blue in colour.

BB liquid foundation filled sponge!

Getting out the product by "stamping"!

Applicator Puff Review:
The only other similar puff I've ever used was etude house, but i can say that the quality of Laneige's puff is superior as it is puffier? it's thicker, airier, and softer. Plus, it holds products really well and applies really evenly. I love this puff! It's just so fluffy, it really feels like pressing cushion on ur face. haha

BB Liquid Foundation Fill Review:

Smell? 
The first thing one would notice is the smell, of course. I can't say I like the smell, I think it's some sort of floral fragrance? not the sweet kind like Etude House's. And if you do read my blog, you'd know that I do not like any kind of artificial smell, perfume or fragrance in any of my products. And I can tell you that this has a really really strong and persistent smell, as strong as Etude House's precious mineral Cushion. Even my boyfriend asked me why do i smell different after work (when he pecked my cheek :P), that means after having on Laneige's BB for more than 8 hours. So, I can safely tell you that, the smell doesn't fade with time. It stays on your face. So if you love the smell (my friend actually thought it smells amazing) then you wouldn't mind as much. But the smell is a minus point for me. :\

Cooling Sensation?
It's said that this BB give you a cooling sensation when applied, and a lot of other review said that they felt it and thought it was amazing. But for me? I don't really feel it. Yes, maybe once it is applied, but it fades within nano-seconds. You wouldn't notice it if you didn't know about it in the first place. So I don't see what's all the hype about. So cooling sensation = meh...

Semi-Matte?
Well, this is definitely correct. It turns semi-matte when it dries BUT that is if you have a properly moisturized, or an oily face. It definitely absorbs facial oils, reducing the disgustingly oily shine we tend to get as the day goes by. Thus, it works really well on my t-zone area, which is oily, and my cheeks that is normal.

However, if you have dry skin, and are used to using BB creams/ foundation that gives you a perfectly dewy and healthy skin, this BB cushion is not the one for you. It will give you a matte and powdery finish. If you have super dry skin, it may even look flaky. My combination skin means I have really dry patches under my nose area and also the corner of my mouth. And this BB foundation accentuated the dryness. Throughout the day, it just keep getting dryer. Making my dry patches look flaky and discoloured. Even after I double moisturize, it's still dry. So, yeah, I wouldn't recommend this if you have dry skin.

Waterproof & Staying Power?
This is definitely waterproof. Although I have not gone swimming with it, it stayed on pretty well even after my working out, and walking under the crazy Malaysian sun, drenched in sweat. I think it's really cute tho, the sweat tend to form little droplets above the BB on my face. It's like putting waterproof rain shield on your car's windscreen. LOL

Coverage?
I know most people tend to say that this has medium to high coverage, but to me, it's only a medium coverage BB foundation. It reminds me of Etude House Sun BB, and that covers even better actually. With Laneige's I still need to put on a fairly decent amount of concealer to cover my acne scars and dark eye circles.

However, if you are used to layering to get better coverage, be careful with this BB. Yes, you can built it up to get a better coverage, but the thicker you layer it, the more matte and powdery look finish you get. In the end, you may look like a porcelain doll whose face can crack with a flick of the finger. LOL... but if you like that look, then by all means go ahead. haha 

Pore Control?
Nope, I don't see it do anything to my pores although I don't really have large ones to begin with. However, I don't see a difference with my smaller pores either. So I still have to use a primer before applying this BB if I want a smoother finish.

Shades?
Since I bought this BB Cushion on althea.kr and they only had two shades - #21 Natural beige and #23 Sand beige. I got #21, thinking that that's what I usually pick up when I buy korean brand foundations. But boy was I wrong. It is at least a tone or 2 lighter than my skin colour. But there's nothing I can do about it now. So what I did was take a bronzer or darker foundation to contour my face, making the lighter BB cushion blend into my natural skin colour. Tada! No waste! So I would suggest you try out the samples to get a real indication of the tones and shades before purchasing, because what you see in the sponge, is not what you get when applied.

Overall?
3/5 - I know a lot of people loves this product.. but I think it's just not suitable for me because of my dry skin patches. I also don't like that it makes me look like I have a thick amount of foundation on eventho it's only a thin layer. Also, I tend to get a thick powdery look when adding on powdered blusher n other powdered products onto my face. Which is why I'm getting a cream blusher after this. Hopefully it helps. 

Update: In photographs, it doesn't look as matte as in real life. It looks just a slight dewy. It's quite beautiful actually.. hmmm...

Repurchase?
No, but I'll definitely want to try Laneige's normal BB cushion. It is said to be moisturizing and dewy, so I guess I'll be getting that refill the next time! This Play NoMore BB Compact container is just too cute to waste.

Tips:
If you got this, and feel like it's too powdery and matte for you, try sliding your puff when applying instead of patting the product on. It will reduce coverage, but it does help reduce the matte finish! ;)


Pictures
(Unedited, Unfiltered, Unbeautified, 2MP Front Xiaomi Mi3 Front Cam)


Indoor, Natural Lighting
(Already sweating in the Malaysian weather)
Outdoor, Natural Lighting
(Going to work!~ goodbye kiss~)

Indoor, Artificial white light
(At work)

Filtered
(Camera 360 - Beauty Rosy)

Outdoor, Natural Light
Outdoor, Natural Light

No comments:

Post a Comment